This month we have a slew of updates slated - including a fun new auto-generated, sharable quiz. In the meantime, here's a couple of things we changed this weekend in preparation for April's BPCS split:
- Due to a balancing issue, we decided to promote all Alpha members to Gamma. This resulted in a slightly inflated Gamma column this month, and a smaller-than-usual Alpha column. The relegation/promotion system will get these columns back to a natural balance in a month or two.
- New players in the BPCS will no longer be placed in a 'provisional' column - these players will be inserted directly into Alpha. Since our 2-color system was implemented earlier this year, it takes much less time for a high-tier player to reach Omega from Alpha, which was our concern and the purpose of a 'placement' column in the first place.
- Players who have not played in a single game in an entire BPCS split will be put on hold. They will not be visible on leaderboards until they submit a quiz again, at which point they will be placed in the column they last played in.
- Players with a score of 0 after the first day of the BPCS split will not be shown on leaderboards and they will not be considered part of the column until they submit a quiz.
- Fixed a bug where new players were not shown on the BPCS leaderboards.
Later this month, we'll be unveiling our new dynamic quiz format, where you'll be able to generate a quiz (of BPtrivia questions you haven't played yet), share it with your friends, and compete in real-time with one another! Stay tuned.
Thanks for playing,